- Tailor your resume to the job description. If you possess any skills listed in the description of the job, make sure you list them on your resume.
- Put months and years of employment.
- Include city and state of company as well as company name and position held.
- Include any and all work history, even if it is not relevant to the job for which you are applying. You don’t want it to look like you were unemployed for a large period of time.
- List any models/versions of equipment and technologies used.
- Keep formatting simple – don't go crazy with columns and fonts. The cleaner the better.
- Use bullet points, not paragraphs, to describe job duties.
- Do not put GPA, references, salary or reason for leaving on resume.
- Use spell check and grammar check.
Need Help Creating a Resume?
Microsoft Word has tons of great templates that you can use to help get you started on making an impressive looking resume